Quantcast

sqlite3.def mismatch for Windows x86 and x64 dll

sqlite3.def mismatch for Windows x86 and x64 dll

Rengui Xie
Hi dear sqlite developers,

In the downlaod page for "Precompiled Binaries for Windows", the
sqlite3.def EXPORTS for x86 and x64 dll are not the same, x64 dll have 4
more export functions:
 - sqlite3_data_directory
 - sqlite3_fts5_may_be_corrupt
 - sqlite3_temp_directory
 - sqlite3_version

I assume x86 and x64 dll shall have the same EXPORTS.
This issue, if it is, exists in latest v3.16.2 and earlier v3.13.0 (maybe
even more earlier version, I did not check more old version).

btw, please accept my admiration for bring such a great SW into public
domain!

BR,

Re: sqlite3.def mismatch for Windows x86 and x64 dll

Jan Nijtmans
> Hi dear sqlite developers,
>
> In the downlaod page for "Precompiled Binaries for Windows", the
> sqlite3.def EXPORTS for x86 and x64 dll are not the same, x64 dll have 4
> more export functions:
>  - sqlite3_data_directory
>  - sqlite3_fts5_may_be_corrupt
>  - sqlite3_temp_directory
>  - sqlite3_version

Actually, those are not functions, those are external symbols. Windows
Dll's have problems exporting data symbols, that why the mingw-built x86
dll doesn't have them exported. Later Microsoft compilers can handle
them fine, that's why the VC-built x64 dll exports them.

> I assume x86 and x64 dll shall have the same EXPORTS.
> This issue, if it is, exists in latest v3.16.2 and earlier v3.13.0 (maybe
> even more earlier version, I did not check more old version).

None of those 4 symbols are expected to be used from applications,
so whether those are exported or not doesn't really matter.

Regards,
    Jan Nijtmans