sqlite3 write,read queries are pathetically slow

sqlite3 write,read queries are pathetically slow

vikas_538
Hello All,

we have recently moved to plain vanilla sqlite3 from sql anywhere database.
In our application, we use sqlite db to maintain client side meta data
information. The db instance can be used by one client installation only.
we are noticing huge performance impact wrt DB calls. As we keep writing
into the DB, the operations become hopelessly slow though the DB file does
not grow beyond 10 MB or so.

Our code connects to DB via ADO layer and use to work well with SQL
Anywhere. After a threshold, all read and write operations become expensive.

we have tried with following PRAGMA options but to minimum effect:
synchronous=OFF
journal_mode=OFF
cache_size=10000
temp_store=2