support for SHOW?

Thomas Kurz
Hello,

I'd like to ask whether it would be possible to add support for MySQL-style SHOW command, i.e.

- SHOW TABLES [FROM db_name]
- SHOW COLUMNS FROM table

I know that this information can be retrieved in other ways, but imho SHOW is an easy-to-remember statement and could simplify things a bit. For SHOW TABLES e.g. an alias to "SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type='table'" would be sufficient.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Re: support for SHOW?

David Raymond
For interactive work in the CLI anyway there's the .tables command and the .schema command

https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html#querying_the_database_schema

The first will show all the tables and views
The second will give you the SQL stored for the table and its indexes, etc.