unresolved references when linking sqlite 3.7.9

unresolved references when linking sqlite 3.7.9

Marcel Stumpel

Hi,

I am getting undefined references (see below) linking sqlite
3.7.9 for an ARM based target.
I am using the arago toolsuite with
glibc.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

../lib/libsqlite.so:
undefined reference to `fcntl64'
../lib/libsqlite.so: undefined
reference to `__fputc_unlocked'
../lib/libsqlite.so: undefined reference
to `__ctype_b'

Thx in advance

Marcel

Re: unresolved references when linking sqlite 3.7.9

Richard Hipp-3
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Marcel Stumpel <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting undefined references (see below) linking sqlite
> 3.7.9 for an ARM based target.
> I am using the arago toolsuite with
> glibc.
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
> ../lib/libsqlite.so:
> undefined reference to `fcntl64'

Just a guess:  Have you tried compiling with -DSQLITE_DISABLE_LFS?  (Fwiw:
"LFS" = "Large File Support")

> ../lib/libsqlite.so: undefined
> reference to `__fputc_unlocked'

fputc is only used in the command-line shell program, not in the SQLite
library.  What are you doing, exactly?  Are you trying to build a shell, or
are you trying to build the SQLite library?  What command-line are you
using in order to generate these errors?  What version of SQLite are you
trying to compile? What files are you linking together?  (You *should* be
using just "sqlite3.c" and "sqlite3.h" version 3.7.10, unless you are
trying to build a command-line shell, in which case you'll also want
"shell.c".)

On 2012-01-30 16:07, Richard Hipp wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at
9:46 AM, Marcel Stumpel <[hidden email]>wrote:

>> Hi, I am
getting undefined references (see below) linking sqlite 3.7.9 for an ARM
based target. I am using the arago toolsuite with glibc. Can anyone tell
me what I am doing wrong? ../lib/libsqlite.so: undefined reference to
`fcntl64'

> Just a guess: Have you tried compiling with
-DSQLITE_DISABLE_LFS? (Fwiw:
> "LFS" = "Large File Support")
>
> This
unfortunaly does not help.

>> ../lib/libsqlite.so: undefined
reference to `__fputc_unlocked'

> fputc is only used in the
command-line shell program, not in the SQLite
> library. What are you
doing, exactly? Are you trying to build a shell, or
> are you trying to
build the SQLite library? What command-line are you
> using in order to
generate these errors? What version of SQLite are you
> trying to
compile? What files are you linking together? (You *should* be
> using
just "sqlite3.c" and "sqlite3.h" version 3.7.10, unless you are
> trying
to build a command-line shell, in which case you'll also want

"shell.c".)

> I am just trying to build a application which is using
sqlite. Building is performed as you describe.

> building the same
application for a 2.4.27 based kernel with sqlite 3.3.17 builds without
any problems.
> This is however based on a uclibc based toolsuite.

Can this be the reason?

Links:
------
[1]