unsuscribe

njhinder
unsuscribe

Re: unsuscribe

John Newby
whats with all these unsubscribe messages, they're beginning to do my head
in now!!!

On 31/05/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> unsuscribe

RE: unsuscribe

Bob Dankert
Especially considering they are all spelling the word wrong with the
same mis-spelling.

wrote:

> unsuscribe

Re: unsuscribe

John Newby
yeah didnt even notice that, glad i got it right, thank god for the spell
checker!! lol.

On 31/05/06, Bob Dankert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Especially considering they are all spelling the word wrong with the
> same mis-spelling.

RE: unsuscribe

Fred Williams
Yet another mailing list weakness:  One must be able to spell to
unsubscribe! :-)

Re: unsuscribe

Eugene Wee
Taking a quick look at the page on the SQLite website that tells about the
mailing list:
http://www.sqlite.org/support.html

It seems that nothing is said about how to unsubscribe. The 'List-Unsubscribe'
mail header has the email address:
[hidden email]

I think that that webpage should be updated to state that one should send an
email to that email address in order to get unsubscribed.

Oh, and if one's email address is [hidden email], according to one of the
first few emails I received from the mail manager, another way to unsubscribe is
to send an email to:
sqlite-users-unsubscribe-mailbox=[hidden email]

Regards,
Eugene Wee

John Newby wrote:
> whats with all these unsubscribe messages, they're beginning to do my head
> in now!!!
>
> On 31/05/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> unsuscribe

Re: unsuscribe

Nathaniel Smith
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 01:42:48PM -0500, Bob Dankert wrote:
> Especially considering they are all spelling the word wrong with the
> same mis-spelling.

Wild guess: the list actually receives a lot more of these messages
than you see, but mailman has the ability to filter out messages that
were obviously intended to go to the -request address.  I don't know
what logic it uses, but I bet it only knows about "unsubscribe", not
"unsuscribe" :-).

-- Nathaniel

"If you can explain how you do something, then you're very very bad at it."
  -- John Hopfield

Re: unsuscribe

René Tegel
Eugene Wee schreef:

> Oh, and if one's email address is [hidden email], according to
> one of the first few emails I received from the mail manager, another
> way to unsubscribe is to send an email to:
> sqlite-users-unsubscribe-mailbox=[hidden email]
Interesting.. this suggest that anyone could easily unsubscribe any
other list member using an auto-reply account, since unsubscribing works
much like subscribing.... just send 'from' [hidden email] to
sqlite-users-unsubscribe-autoreply=[hidden email] and the
subscription will be ended... may work with out-of-office replies that
include the [original subject] as well as paypal/ebay...

sorry for being slighty off-topic.

rene

Re: unsuscribe

Jay Sprenkle
On 5/31/06, René Tegel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Eugene Wee schreef:
> >
> > Oh, and if one's email address is [hidden email], according to
> > one of the first few emails I received from the mail manager, another
> > way to unsubscribe is to send an email to:
> > sqlite-users-unsubscribe-mailbox=[hidden email]

> Interesting.. this suggest that anyone could easily unsubscribe any
> other list member using an auto-reply account, since unsubscribing works
> much like subscribing.... just send 'from' [hidden email] to
> sqlite-users-unsubscribe-autoreply=[hidden email] and the
> subscription will be ended... may work with out-of-office replies that
> include the [original subject] as well as paypal/ebay...

I think you could unsub any account with an autoresponder on it since
the email asking you to confirm your unsubscription would go to the
subscriber and not to you.

unsuscribe

Nitin Mahajan-4
unsubscribe

Re: unsuscribe

René Tegel
Jay Sprenkle schreef:

> On 5/31/06, René Tegel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Eugene Wee schreef:
>> >
>> > Oh, and if one's email address is [hidden email], according to
>> > one of the first few emails I received from the mail manager, another
>> > way to unsubscribe is to send an email to:
>> > sqlite-users-unsubscribe-mailbox=[hidden email]
>
>> Interesting.. this suggest that anyone could easily unsubscribe any
>> other list member using an auto-reply account, since unsubscribing works
>> much like subscribing.... just send 'from' [hidden email] to
>> sqlite-users-unsubscribe-autoreply=[hidden email] and the
>> subscription will be ended... may work with out-of-office replies that
>> include the [original subject] as well as paypal/ebay...
>
> I think you could unsub any account with an autoresponder on it since
> the email asking you to confirm your unsubscription would go to the
> subscriber and not to you.

Yes, i believe that is true. It seems possible to unsubcribe an
autoresponder account using any email address as from when requesting...