using cerod/sqlite with JDBC

Tal Tabakman-2
Hi
is there a way to open an sqlite DB , compressed with CEROD, using java’s sqlite JDBC connection ?
thanks
Tal

Re: using cerod/sqlite with JDBC

KlaasV
Did you read, understood and used all instructions you can find here?

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/sqlite/sqlite_java.htm

Tal Tabakman wrote Sun, 15 May 2016 09:41:39 -0700:

> ... open an sqlite DB , compressed with CEROD, using java’s sqlite JDBC connection ?

Kind regards | Vriendelijke groeten | Cordiali saluti,
Klaas `Z4us` van Buiten V, Experienced Freelance ICT-Guy
https://www.linkedin.com/in/klaas-van-buiten-0325b2102
Klaas "Z4us" V, MetaDBA at InnocentIsArt.EU

Re: using cerod/sqlite with JDBC

Tal Tabakman-2
Hi ,
yes, this is perfectly understood. but my quesion is around the CEROD extension. the sqlite driver does not support DBs which are created with CEROD based compression.
thanks
Tal

On 5/15/16, Tal Tabakman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
> is there a way to open an sqlite DB , compressed with CEROD, using java’s
> sqlite JDBC connection ?

Yes.

(1) Recompile your JDBC driver so that it uses the CEROD-enabled
sqlite3.c file instead of the public domain sqlite3.c file.

(2) When you connect to the database using JDBC,  simply add the usual
":cerod:PASSWORD:" prefix on the filename.