vtab stat*

Giorgi Guliashvili
Hi folks,

I'm using only Eponymous virtual tables, however, so far, the only hint I
give to the query planner was through some heuristic computing
xBestIndex->estimatedCost.

Now I'm considering other automatic, updating weights. I'm wondering if
SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4 works for vtabs and what are the other options I have.

Thanks

Regards,
Giorgi Guliashvili

Re: vtab stat*

Richard Hipp-3
On 8/6/18, Giorgi Guliashvili <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm wondering if
> SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4 works for vtabs and what are the other options I have.

No.

STAT4 provides information about indexes.  But virtual table have no
indexes - at least not indexes visible to the rest of the system.  (A
specific virtual table implement might implement its own internal
indexes, and indeed most of them do, but those indexes are not visible
as indexes to the rest of the system.)  Since STAT4 only provides
information about indexes, it cannot provide any information about
virtual tables.