what internal table contains column names in a table?

what internal table contains column names in a table?

mike otwell
I want to write a program that generates insert & update statements for a
table.
what internal table would I query to get the column names in a table?

Re: [EXTERNAL] what internal table contains column names in a table?

Hick Gunter
Pragma table_info

I want to write a program that generates insert & update statements for a table.
what internal table would I query to get the column names in a table?

Re: [EXTERNAL] what internal table contains column names in a table?

David Raymond
The only raw storage of the schema is in the sqlite_master table, where it stores the original text of the create query. But to save yourself from the hell of parsing it all out, pragma table_info(tbl) is the way to go yes. Or the newer version of select from pragma_table_info(tbl)