what platforms does SQLite run on?

Sam Carleton-2
I see that SQLite runs on Windows, OSX, and *NIX, will it run on
Windows Mobile (CE) or any embedded OS's?

Sam

Re: what platforms does SQLite run on?

noel frankinet-2
Sam Carleton a écrit :
> I see that SQLite runs on Windows, OSX, and *NIX, will it run on
> Windows Mobile (CE) or any embedded OS's?

It runs on any CE that I know

Noel
> Sam

Re: what platforms does SQLite run on?

Eric Pankoke
Here's a link to an WinCE port: http://sqlite-wince.sourceforge.net/
You can also check out this: http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqlitePorts
And: http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqlitePalm

--
Eric Pankoke
Founder / Lead Developer

From: "Sam Carleton" <[hidden email]>
> I see that SQLite runs on Windows, OSX, and *NIX, will it run on
> Windows Mobile (CE) or any embedded OS's?
>
> Sam

Re: what platforms does SQLite run on?

Fin Springs
> Here's a link to an WinCE port: http://sqlite-wince.sourceforge.net/
Is there a reason to use this port any more? The straight 3.5.6
amalgamation compiles and runs fine for me on Windows CE 5.0 and
includes specific '#if OS_WINCE' sections for CE (to define localtime,
etc).

Re: what platforms does SQLite run on?

Eric Pankoke
Honestly, the last time I did a WinCE compile was before the amalgamation, so I did not realize it had become so easy to compile for WinCE.  Guess I'll be needing to make a new build when I get home tonight :)

--
Eric Pankoke
Founder / Lead Developer

From: "Fin Springs" <[hidden email]>
> > Here's a link to an WinCE port: http://sqlite-wince.sourceforge.net/
> Is there a reason to use this port any more? The straight 3.5.6
> amalgamation compiles and runs fine for me on Windows CE 5.0 and
> includes specific '#if OS_WINCE' sections for CE (to define localtime,
> etc).

Re: what platforms does SQLite run on?

Nuno Lucas-2
On Feb 19, 2008 3:10 PM, Fin Springs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Here's a link to an WinCE port: http://sqlite-wince.sourceforge.net/
> Is there a reason to use this port any more? The straight 3.5.6
> amalgamation compiles and runs fine for me on Windows CE 5.0 and
> includes specific '#if OS_WINCE' sections for CE (to define localtime,
> etc).

This port is dead now, because the official sqlite code already
handles Windows CE.
It can still be usefull if you need to program for old Windows CE
systems, meaning older than WinCE 4.0 (i don't recall exactly if in
4.0 itself it compiles out of the box).

Other than that, just use the last SQLite version.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas

Re: what platforms does SQLite run on?

Bruce Alderson-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> Honestly, the last time I did a WinCE compile was before the amalgamation, so I did not realize it had become so easy to compile for WinCE.  Guess I'll be needing to make a new build when I get home tonight :)
>
> From: "Fin Springs" <[hidden email]>
>
>>> Here's a link to an WinCE port: http://sqlite-wince.sourceforge.net/
>>>
>> Is there a reason to use this port any more? The straight 3.5.6
>> amalgamation compiles and runs fine for me on Windows CE 5.0 and
>> includes specific '#if OS_WINCE' sections for CE (to define localtime,
>> etc).

We use it in production on Palm and WinCE/PocketPC/Windows Mobile (and
have for more than a year now).  We started off porting it ourselves,
which is now trivial given improvements in the 3.4 and 3.5 os_* layer.
The public WinCE port was initially quite poor, but it builds mostly
without modification now straight from the SQLite trunk.

--
Bruce Alderson
http://warpedvisions.org