where did my data go ? Re: Import data into a temporary table

where did my data go ? Re: Import data into a temporary table

Larry Brasfield
Luuk writes:
| sqlite> .import abc.csv temp.test
| Error: no such table: temp.test
|. . .
| Where did my data go (see above)?

The above command to the shell results in an attempted prepare of SQL like this,
  INSERT INTO “temp.text” VALUES …
which fails with a “no such table” complaint.  If shell.c had either not double-quoted the schema.tableName, or double-quoted only the tableName part, it would have succeeded.  It is easy to modify shell.c to eliminate the double-quoting if you really want to .import directly into a temp. table and can refrain from using goofy table names (such as would need double-quoting.)